Emma's Acceptance of The Call

Dear Brethren,


My heart is full of gratitude for the opportunity to serve the people of Sao Paulo. I've looked forward to and prepared for my mission since the missionary age change was announced in 2012 and I have a firm testimony that this is what The Lord needs me to be doing at this time in my life. Recently, as I've been preparing to receive my call, I've learned that this call is specific to me, but it's not about me. It's about The Lord and His children and I'm blessed to be serving as His messenger.
My great grandparents were introduced to the gospel when two missionaries came to their door in the state of Georgia many years ago. Because those elders worked through the spirit to teach my grandparents, they were baptized and went on to serve many missions of their own. Because of my grandparents’ service, there is now a thriving branch in that small Georgia town and all the lives of their posterity have been affected by the power of the restored gospel. Seeing the influence missionary work has had on my family is why I chose to serve a mission. I want to be like those elders, working though the spirit to enable others to come unto Christ and receive the blessings I know accompany the good news of the gospel.
I know my mission will be a life-changing, challenging, and joy filled experience. I could not be more excited, and I wholeheartedly accept this call to His work.

Sincerely, Sister Emma Barlow

Comments

Popular Posts