6/18/19 - Só pela Expiação

So I feel like all throughout my mission I've tried to stay positive with these emails, but I'll be honest these last few weeks it's been pretty hard to stay positive. 

Summed up:
- I've learned that being a leader means that there are people who just don't like you for whatever reason.
- I feel like I'm giving my best and even still that's just not enough for some people.
- I am exhausted. Like my body is just done with this whole "walk forever, get rejected, climb the hills" thing.

In all of this I know that even when it feels like no one gets it, like no one understands the full story, my Savior does. There were lots of people who didn't like him either. They rejected His counsels and many times He stood alone. The sacrifice He gave was greater than any other. I also believe the atonement was as much of a physical thing as it was spiritual therefore I know that he not only reached His point of exaustion, but passed it.

I think that lately I've just been so tired that I've been having a little bit of trouble remembering why I love serving. It was always my dream to serve a mission. I know this is where I'm supposed to be and with all that, as I approach the end I want to make the most of the time I have left.

This truly is a labor of love. We work hard and pour our hearts into this work then in the end some people just don't do their part and it seems like it's all in vain. But I have faith that eveything plays apart in God's plan. On the bright side we planted a lot of seeds this week. We rebuilt our teaching group and now we're just out to see if they'll progress or become "moley".

I apologize for the negative tone this week. Everyone knows that missions are just roses 100% of the time. :)

Anyway, I know hard days pass and that this coming week will be much better! I'm thankful for my Savior and His atonement and for the opportunity I have to be serving even on the hard days.
 
Love you all!  
Sister Barlow

1) More Tucuruvi sunsets
2) We knocked on Snow White's door this week
3-4) We helped one of our investigators with her bags at the street market. Street markets here are the coolest things.




Comments

Popular Posts